Registration for proseminars, seminars and internships in the winter semester 2019/20 is currently running! Please notice the schedule.
Bachelor Computer Science
The departmental advisor has set up a mailing list through which Master's and Bachelor's students in computer science are informed of important information, including dates and events, changes to examination regulations, and more. We highly recommend that all computer science students sign up on the mailing list.
Slides of the introductory event, Summer Semester 2019
The slides are now available. Further downloads are available (or coming soon) on the Mentoring pages under "Data Library & Downloads".
The Bachelor of Science in computer science was implemented at RWTH Aachen University in winter semester 2006/07. The subsequent Master of Science has been offered since winter semester 2009/10. You can find information about the Master's program under Master's in computer science.
Exam Regulations in Bachelor of Computer Science 2018
On October 17, 2018, new exam regulations for the bachelor of computer science were published:
More information on this topic can be found in Frequently Asked Questions in the section “What changes with the examination regulations 'Bachelor Informatik 2018'?”.
Important Information on External Theses
We would like to emphasize in the light of current events that externally advertised theses without an issuing supervisor from the Department of Computer Science cannot be accepted!
More information on this topic can be found in Organizational Information in the section “Bachelor's Thesis and Colloquium”.
For further information on our induction events for beginning students, please visit our web page on orientation events. Presentation slides shown at the events will be made available after the orientation week.
This year the departmental advisors will give the presentation on application subjects close to the end of the lecture time in summer semester 2019. The particular date will be announced soon.
As part of the RWTH 2020 Institutional Strategy Bachelor's students in computer science have the possibility to participate in projects on current research topics with Undergraduate Funds.
Computer Science Departmental Advising Mailing List
You can add your email address to the computer science departmental advising mailing list and view former announcements in the archive. The mailing list announces current information such as dates for orientation, exam registration, internerships, and seminars.
Information for New Students
Below you can find information about the Bachelor's course of study in computer science at RWTH Aachen. It is particularly relevant for new students:
- Studying Engineering or Computer Science − But Where? A Decision Aid for Abiturientinnen and Abiturienten
- Application Information: general information, admission and enrollment
- Bridge courses
- Academic Advising Test: The Department of Psychology developed a web-based academic advising test. If you still need some orientation regarding which subject to choose or are uncertain about your atitude, the Self Assessment may be of assistance. It tests, among other skills, logical thinking skils, mathematical understanding, and interest. If gives not only individual feedbac but also tips on how to proceed with choosing what to study.
- Organizational Information: exams, accreditation, curricula, application subjects, courses, lecture directory/CAMPUS
- Departmental Advising: emails, addresses, office hours
- Information about the Master's course of study in computer science
- Contact: examination board, RWTH institutions, etc.
- Computer Science Student Representative Council